1) What does a family law attorney do? When is the best time to reach out to one?
2) If people want to separate, are there any alternatives to divorce?
3) What are pre- and post-nuptial agreements? Are they only appropriate for the wealthy?
4) If someone had questions about adoption, would a family law attorney be a good resource? Please elaborate.
5) How are child support and alimony determined? Is it automatic for a spouse to be entitled to 50% of all property – including pensions and retirement accounts?